This Hovertour 700 Sportsman is one of the ultra rare and highly sought after units with a fully enclosable and heated cabin. It is "like new" in more ways than you'd expect with extremely low hours and it has always been stored indoors. But the most unusual and desirable feature of all is that it has always been a dealer demonstration unit and was never actually sold to a private owner! This means it has only been flown by, maintained by, and handled by experienced people who knew what they were doing!
The dealer eventually closed up and this machine had been stored in a warehouse for many years. The dealership owner was also a Hoverstream customer who personally owned a couple of our machines so when he decided to downsize his rather impressive hovercraft collection it came to us. After cleaning off the dust and inspecting everything we added fresh fuel and a new battery. It fired right up within a few seconds and purred like a kitten.
- 100 horsepower Rotax 583
- Cabin can be fully enclosed WITH HEAT in the winter or opened up in the summer
- Full instrumentation with tach, hourmeter, water temp, air plenum manometer, and dual EGT gauges
- Less than 33 original hours. Owned by the manufacturer, Hovertechnics, until 2010 when it was transferred to their dealer in Ohio
- Includes original factory trailer
- New Interstate Marine battery
- Oil injected engine means no pre-mixing of fuel. Tanks get straight gas.
- 12 gallon fuel capacity in two 6 gallon tanks. Tank is electrically selectable via switch on dash
- 750lb rated payload capacity
- 40mph calm water rating
- 60mph smooth ice rating
- 14'-6" overall length, 6'-6" width, 64" height, 7'-0" cockpit length
- Hull is a 1998 model year though it is technically still "new" with a manufacturer's certificate of origin.