Coastal Pro II
Be Your Own Pilot
In a hovercraft where all the features you love are in one place
6'-4" (on cushion)
14'-8" x 8'-2" (on cushion)
The Hoverstream Coastal Pro II Hovercraft
How can so many features come from one incredible hovercraft? It can with the Coastal Pro II. This 3-4 seat hovercraft, designed for commercial, recreational or rescue usage, has more of everything - more space, more payload capacity and more thrust. And we're just getting started! A dedicated lift engine and large footprint allow it to safely carry a huge load. That separate lift engine also gives the craft unrivaled maneuverability and full obstacle clearance, even at a standstill or low speed. The huge, aerodynamically clean thrust duct produces amazing thrust figures. Novices will learn to drive it quickly and easily, making it an excellent choice for organizations where training time is reduced over more complex machines. It's the ULTIMATE hovercraft - nothing else out there like it!
Live in Action
How Can You Use It?
Let us count the ways
- It makes a great family cruiser due to the roomy cockpit and ample storage space for camping gear, fishing equipment or anything else you might want to bring along.
- It provides ample space for commercial use, such as water treatment, mosquito abatement or passenger operations.
- It can also be set up for emergency respondors with a stretcher board and plenty of extra space for rescue gear.
Using a Separate Engine for Lift and Thrust Has Significant Advantages
- Full obstacle clearance height at all times
- Ultimate maneuverability - will spin on a dime at will
- Perfect lift setting with any payload at any speed
- ONLY a twin - engine hovercraft can maintain a slow speed over rough terrain without compromising ground clearance. This is particularly important on ice!
- One person can EASILY 'walk' the hovercraft in tight quarters with the thrust engine turned off
Vanguard - the ENGINE Makes the Difference!
Four-stroke hovercraft are the wave of the future! They always start right up. Using a fraction of the fuel, they're immensely quieter with far few emissions. We discontinued two-stroke powered craft long ago and became the first hovercraft manufacturer to use the 'Big Block' Vanguard motor. The use of environmentally friendly, low emission four-stroke power is becoming necessary in many sports previously dominated by two-strokes. Boats and snowmobiles being two obvious examples of how environmental pressure is changing the face of motorized sport. In fact, two-stroke engines are now actually banned in many areas. Quieter, cleaner, far more reliable and a fraction of the fuel consumption means a better hovercraft experience for everyone!
Commercial & Rescue Usage
Coastal Pro II is the perfect craft for coastal and inland commercial usage, where boats and other commercial vehicles simply cannot operate. Small hovercraft excel in such areas as:
- Water/Mud Rescue
- Ice Transportation
- Ice Rescue
- Survey & Security Patrol
- Weed Spraying
- Flood Response
- Hull construction Fiberglass composite sandwich with honeycomb core materials and Kevlar reinforcement.
- Protection Aluminum skid plates, perimeter aluminium strip.
- Fan protection 2"/50mm guard to front of duct.
- Dry Weight Approx 800 lbs depending on spec.
- Payload Up to 880lbs on land or when travelling over water without needing to stop. Maximum water start/hump capability is approx 770lbs
- Seating Padded seating in 'T' shape arrangement for three/four persons. Clip-in rear 'bench' seat can be removed to provide deck space.
- Steering Handlebars with twist grip throttle control (lever style optional), indexed throttle for lift.
- Length 13'-8" (off cushion)
- Width 7'-0" (off cushion)
- Height 5'-6" (off cushion) 6'-4" (on full cushion)
- Thrust Engine Briggs & Stratton Vanguard air-cooled, V-Twin engine with electronic fuel injection.
- Lift Engine Briggs & Stratton air-cooled engine.
- Starting Electric
- Thrust Engine Max Revs Static 3800rpm max
- Flotation Superb stability from wide, flat floor. Floats and starts on water.
- Buoyancy Foam filled plenum, positively buoyant even if swamped.
- Noise 74dbA (25m) at cruising speed. Maximum 78dbA at full power (loudest possible reading)
- Fuel Capacity 9 Gallons/34 liters in removable tank.
- Range Approx 100 miles, depending on conditions.
- Maximum Speed Approx 40 mph in ideal conditions on smooth water. Approx 55 mph on smooth ice.
- Cruising Speed Approx 25 mph on water and 35 on smooth ice depending on surface conditions, wind, and load.
- Skirt 68 individually replaceable segments.
- Thrust Fan 6 Blades, 1100mm duct, 91m/s tip speed.
- Lift Fan 9 Blades in sound deadening compartment
- Flow straighteners 13 concentric, give extra thrust & fan protection.
- Lights Full LED night operation package, Navigation, and LED emergency rescue lighting optional. Lighting options are fully customizable.